Friday, July 19, 2019

Basic Table Terrain

In addition to jungle terrain, I need the usual assortment table top terrain of hills, etc that could work with most any scale.  I used polystyrene to make the basic shapes.  I used a hotwire cutter to shape the foam.  For the crags and rocky edges I used sandpaper to slice vertical and horizontal cuts.  I painted dirt and rocky areas, as painted the entire rest of the base a medium dark brown with craft paint to ensure any area not covered or thinly covered with turf wouldn't show blue foam through it.  I then used diluted Woodland Scenics (WS) scenic glue, approx. 1 part glue to 3-4 parts water and painted it on nice and watery and then sprinkled on some light colored blended turf earth blend in smaller patches, then covered the rest of the area with green blend.  This was pretty messes with the watery glue dripping off.  Once dried, I used the WS scenic cement, which seems to be a heavier dilution of glue, in a spray bottle and resprayed the surface of the terrain to fully adhere the turf.  Once dry it was ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment